IrisPRO Inertial Profiler
Premier Profiler with Unrivalled Accuracy
The IrisPRO is renowned for its accuracy and repeatability, routinely achieving cross-correlations of 0.99 during AASHTO R56 and ASTM E950 certifications. You can rely on ICC equipment for your construction QC, smoothness assurance, and warranty validation needs.
ICC’s IrisPRO profilers are trusted by DOTs, district engineers, paving contractors, and airport authorities. When you need smoothness measurements and repeatable profile data, don’t leave anything to chance.
- Measures longitudinal profile in each wheelpath
- Calculates smoothness/roughness of pavement according to industry standards
- Available in multiple laser configurations from 1 to 5 lasers
Target detection system
- Garmin GPS
- Customizable 20-key event keyboard
- Included WiFi and 4G router for in-field connectivity
- Optional upgrade to 80-key event keyboard
- Optional upgrade to Hemisphere differentially-corrected GPS
- Optional right-of-way imaging (Basler cameras, Ladybug 5+ camera)
- International Roughness Index (IRI)
- Profilograph Index (PrI), sometimes called Profile Index (PI)
- Ride Number (RN)
- Cross-correlations typically ranging from 0.97 to 0.99, depending on surface type
- Unfiltered Elevation
- High-pass Filtered Elevation with user-specified cutoff wavelength
- Raw laser readings and accelerometer-derived inertial reference heights
- 3-point rutting (with 3 laser systems)
- 5-point rutting (with 5 laser systems)
- Record images to JPG or MP4 (with available Basler camera)
- Trigger cameras at user-specified fixed distance intervals (with optional camera)
With the IrisPRO, the client is in the driver’s seat when it comes to the system interior layout, configuration, and options. Every project begins with a kick-off meeting with drawings presented to the client for review based on the project specifications.
ICC has mounted profilers to just about every vehicle chassis type available. Customers often provide their own host vehicle; it is important that the vehicle have suitable mounting points, so talk to us about the best options. The most common platforms chosen are the Ford F-series Truck, Ford Transit, and Chevy Tahoe.
High Speed Profiling
The IrisPRO profilers are in widespread use for both roads and airports. They are used by contractors for smoothness assurance and to compute “must grind” areas on new pavements. They are used by quality assurance personnel for warranty validation and for inspections. They are used by civil engineering firms for runway and taxiway smoothness analysis. They are used by departments of transportation to set benchmark (reference) data for validating other high speed equipment. They are used by service providers as part of network level condition survey vehicles.
Profile data makes so much more sense with GPS data. This is why all ICC profilers come standard with a Garmin GPS system, and the Hemisphere Atlas DGPS is available as an option on most systems. The following image shows longitudinal profile data collected by ICC for an airport. Using the Connect software, data can easily be trimmed (i.e. set new start/end points for analysis), and start distance reference and direction can be edited. Metrics like International Roughness Index (IRI), Ride Number (RN), Profile Index (PrI), and others are automatically calculated. The data can be exported to ProVAL in ERD or PPF file formats for further analysis, or to CSV for analysis in other programs.
Add the Iris to your profiler
The IrisPRO is ready to support multiple cameras out of the box. Profile data makes so much more sense with images.
Camera options include the premium Point Gray Ladybug 5+ 30MP Spherical camera and the popular Basler Ace 4K 9MP or 12MP camera. Contact us today to discuss additional options. The Ladybug camera mounts to the vehicle roof rack and is weather-proof, and the Basler camera mounts inside the cab to the windshield, where it is protected from the environment.
Watch the video to take the I-275 and the Howard Frankland Bridge across Tampa Bay in 30 seconds.