The RoadBot is the ideal tool for collecting high accuracy profile data on test tracks and other sites where many repeat runs are required.
US Patent: 9,404,738
Canadian Patent: 2,849,225
The RoadBot is an autonomous collection system with camera guided tracking solution. This device collects both longitudinal and transverse profiles, as well as elevation and grade information, for any placed surface.
- Full autonomous with Camera Guided Vision System
- Management and maintenance of any traveled surface
- Acquisition of new pavement profile data for comparison with end-product specification
- Identification and correction of traveled surface defects to achieve target roughness indices (using bump/dip analysis)
- calibration site establishment and equipment performance verification
- Instrument Rating: World Bank Standard Class1
- Method: Automated, self-propelled using motor drive, computer vision steering follows colored string or other defined line. Operator stands clear at safe distance away from traffic. Control is by handheld radio digital remote control.
- Transducers: 2 line lasers (76 mm wide), 1 inclinometer; 1 accelerometer, 1 optical encoder; 1 optical target sensor (for DMI error correction), 2 sonar proximity sensors, 1 temperature sensor
- Cameras: 2 HD cameras for steering
- Servos: 1 Steering, 1 Instrument kernel automatic leveling (roll error correction)
- HMI: Text mode command input and Graphical User Interface
- Control Software: Autonomous speed control, computer vision (trainable color detection system), target lock system, automatic data acquisition via USB port
- Wheel Spacing: 1.0 m (3.281′)
- Laser Spacing: 0.0762 m (3.0″)
- Frequency (Wavelength) Response: 0.0762 m to infinity
- Data Acquisition: ICC A-DAS proprietary high performance data acquisition system
- Sample Rate (time): 1000 samples/sec
- Sample Interval (distance): 4 mm (other values are also available)
- Data Collection Speed: Nominal: 1.5 km/hr (0.93 mile/hr) Max: 4 km/hr (2.5 mile/hr)
- Data Recording (distance): 0.004 to 1.0 m (1.97 to 39.4″) interpolated from sample interval
- Static Resolution: Inclinometer 0.008 mm (0.0003″), Laser 0.03 mm (0.0012″) point sampling, improved by line sampling and bridging filter
- Profile Accuracy: +/- 2 mm / 50 m (+/- 0.01″ / 25 ft) plus level error for non-closed loop surveys.
- Distance Accuracy: +/- 0.005%
- Max Bump Height: +/- 65 mm (+/-2.5″)
- Max Incline Angle: +/- 14.5°
- Operating Temp.: 0 to 50° C (32 to 122° F)
- Temp. Accuracy: +/- 2° C (+/- 3.6° F)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lb)
- Size (footprint): 1.07 m (42″) W x 1.18 m (46.5″) L x 0.43 m (17″) H
- Battery: Air transport IATA approved gel-cell battery. External charger supplied. Low battery warning.
- On-Board Computer: Intel i7 quad core, dual Ethernet port
- Real Time Clock: Battery Backed. Set using keyboard or mouse.
- Data Storage Media: High Capacity SSD
- Roughness Indices: IRI, RN
- Units: Metric & Imperial (English) for all displays and output.
- Data Formats: Raw data (proprietary binary), text format (ERD), ASTM/FHWA (PPF), Texas DoT (PRO), roughness indices, graphical profiles, tabular data listings
- Data Output: USB
- Calibration: User calibration. Can be field verified using calibration supplied calibration equipment.