The SurPro uses patented technology to obtain reference profile data with 99.9% - 100% repeatability and accuracy. It is the only reference device to meet FHWA's Golden Reference Profiling Device requirements.
US Patent: 6,775,914
Canada Patent: 2,405,133
The SurPro 4000 is an accurate and effective device for measuring surface profile and roughness characteristics of any placed surface, including roads, structures, runways, and floors. It is a Class 1 profiling unit and uses patented inertial technology.
The SurPro 4000 is a fully automated, portable unit. It weighs just 42 pounds. It can be brought onto any job site and be collecting data in a matter of minutes. The SurPro 4000 collects true elevation profiles, displays the results, stores the data in flash memory, and executes user-configurable analysis to provide numerical and graphical representation of the profile and several roughness indices.
The SP4000 will produce a profilograph simulation (California or Rainhart) with bump/dip identifications and must grind lines. The SurPRO 4000 will also provide Bump Analysis and optimized grind/fill corrective actions to achieve target roughness indices. Graphical bump reports and listings are provided.
The SurPRO 4000 accurately reports IRI (International Roughness Index), RN (Ride Number), PI (Profilograph Index), FF (Floor Flatness Number), FL (Floor Levelness Number), and Boeing Bump Index.
The device collects both longitudinal and transverse profiles as well as elevation and grade information for any placed surface.
The new SurPro 5000 uses the same proven hardware but has an all-new touchscreen interface running on a rugged tablet. The new software is simple to operate, displays data in real-time, and makes sharing of the data with field supervisors and office staff quick and easy.
- Class 1 profiling performance
- Fully automated data collection for longitudinal and transverse profiles
- Wheel Spacing supports for several ASTM Standards: 250mm, 12″, 300mm
- Sample distance interval: 0.25″ to 12″
- Provides unfiltered true elevation profiles
- Permanently stores calibration
- Report multiple roughness indexes (IRI, PI, RN)
- 16 hours of Data Collection per charge
- Durable and weather resistant
- Makes .PPF, .ERD, and .PRO files
- Management and maintenance of any traveled surface
- Acquisition of new pavement profile data for comparison with end-product specification for contract bonus/penalty determination
- Capable of testing bridges before approaches are in place
- Identification and correction of traveled surface defects to achieve target roughness indices (using bump/dip analysis)
- Calibration site establishment and equipment performance verification
- Sidewalk inventory
- Testing road cross slopes
- Testing drainage slopes
- Testing floor flatness, levelness, waviness, wheel path criteria, elevation conformance
- Instrument Rating: World Bank Standard Class
- Method (Manual): Automated rolling; the operator walks behind the SurPRO and pushes it
- Transducers: Multi Axis Inclinometer; 1 optical encoder; 1 temperature sensor
- Standard Wheel Spacing Settings: 0.250m (0.82021 ft) – 0.300m (0.98425 ft) – 0.3048m (1.0 ft)
- High Quality Profile Processing: Profiler is reprocessed at the end run for highest accuracy – 99% or better repeatability in IRI, Medium and Long wavelengths
- Constant mm Data Sampling: High accuracy Butterworth filtering and noise removal
- Sample Rate: 1000 samples/sex; 900 samples/m; 1.1mm/sample
- Sample Interval: 0.25 inch or greater, user selectable
- Data Collect Rate: Nominal: 2 km/hr (1.25 mi/hr) Max: 4 km/hr (2.5 mi/hr)
- Data Recording Rate: 0.05 to 1m (1.97 to 39.4″)
- Static Resolution: Incline: 0.0019mm (0.0001″)
- Profile Accuracy: +/- 2mm / 5 m (+/- 0.01 in/25 ft) plus level error for non-closed loop surveys
- Operating Temp.: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
- Weight: 20.4kg (42 lb)
- Size (footprint): 254 mm (10″) W x 482 mm (19″) L (add handle length for full length)
- Battery: Air transport IATA approved gel-cell, 2 x 12 Ahr (12Vdc). External charger (supplied), low battery warning, battery life 16 hrs w/o motor drive connected
- Wheels: 152.4mm (6″) diameter x 70mm (2.76″) wide aluminum/rubber
- Computed Roughness Indices: IRI, RN (PRI, RI or Boeing Bump Index optional)
- Computed Floor Quality Indices: FF, FL
- Data Filters: User selectable Digital Filters including Butterworth and Moving Average Filter
- Data Formats: Raw data (proprietary binary), text format (ERD), ASTM/FHWA (ProVAL PPF), Texas DoT (PRO), roughness indices, graphical profiles, tabular data listings (total of 14 formats)
- Data Output: USB, interact with SurPRO using ICC SurPRO Utility Software. Analyze and filter data using tools and view profile using built-in analysis functions and ICC_Eval
- Calibration: User calibration. Can be field verified using optional calibration level